Pitch Madness submission window will be open for 24 hours on August 24!
Madness is a contest to win a request from one or more of the
participating agents. We have 15 agents signed up to compete for your pitches. I will have
an agent introduction post on August 21! Here are the fabulous agents participating:
- Louise Fury (@louisefury) with L. Perkins Agency
- Danielle Smith (@the1stdaughter) with Foreword Literary
- Peter Knapp (@petejknapp) Park Literary
- Jessica Sinsheimer (@jsinsheim) with Sarah Jane Freymann Literary
- Uwe Stender (@UweStender) with TriadaUS Literary
- Melissa Jeglinski (@MJeglinski) with The Knight Agency
- Jordy Albert (@bluedragonfly81) with The Booker Albert Literary
- Carly Watters (@carlywatters) with P.S. Literary
- Lana Popovic (@LanaPopovicZSH) with ZSH Literary
- Gordon Warnock (@gordonwarnock) with Foreward Literary
- Judith Engracia (@JoodForThought) with Liza Dawson Associates
- Connor Goldsmith (@dreamoforgonon) with Lowenstein Associates
- Carlie Webber (@carliebeth) with CK Webber Associates
- Jodell Sadler (@picturebklunch) with Sadler-Caravette Children’s Literary
- Terrie Wolf (@AKA_Terrie) with AKA Literary Management
submission window will be open from 12:01 AM EST on August 24 until 11:59PM EST. You should have plenty of time to get your
submissions in. There is no limit of how many entries will be accepted.
So basically everyone who sends in an entry during the submission
window, will make it into the first round of slush readers. Please note:
All entries sent before or after the allotted times will be deleted.
will be 60 finalists moving onto the agent round. Pitch Madness will accept Middle Grade, Young Adult, New Adult, and Adult completed
fiction, novel length (no novellas) manuscripts only. This time around we will not accept
non-fiction. Only one entry per writer this round.
do you need to enter? A 35-word (max) pitch and the first 250 words of
your finished manuscript. If the 250th word falls in the middle of a
sentence go to the end of the sentence. I will post formatting
instructions before the submission window opens, along with the email
address to send your entries to.
We have two rounds of slush readers before the final host picking round. Our readers are so awesome!
Madness will be on four blogs and each blog host will have a co-host
helping her choose their top 15 entries. I will have a post up following
the Teen Eyes Editorial contest to introduce the hosts, co-hosts, and
Here are the links to the participating blogs with their teams:
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
- KT Hanna
- Tonya Kuper
- Lindsey Sprague
- Rebecca Weston
- Dahlia Adler (Slush Coordinator)
- Brianna Shrum
- Mina Vaughn
- Feaky (Tamara) Snucker
- Heather Webb
- Phil Siegel
- Sarah Henning
- Lizzy Charles
- Sarah Blair
- Catherine Scully
- JA Ward
- Dannie Morin
Here’s the schedule …
- Slush Readers Introduction on August 19
- Hosts and their teams Introduction on August 20
- Agent Introduction on August 21
- Rules of the Game on August 22
- Submission window will be on August 24 open for 24 hours
- The first slush round will be August 25-28
- The second slush round will be August 29-Sept. 2
- The final round will be Sept. 3 – 5 (host and co-hosts)
- The top 60 picks for the agent round will go up on the blogs on
Sept. 6 at 8AM EDT (NY time)
- Sept. 10 at 12PM EDT (Noon) the agents requests are revealed, and right afterward is the tying agents challenge round.
- There will be a #PitMad Twitter Pitch Party on September 12 from 8AM to 8PM EST.
That’s it for now. Come back next week to meet the slush readers, hosts, and agents!