It’s here! The day you’ve been waiting for. Time to officially sign up for Pitch Wars and have your opportunity nab a mentor. In this post you’ll find my wish list (what I’m looking for in an MS to champion), my bio (stuff you need to know about me as a coach) and the sign up details. Makes for a long post so let’s get into it.
I’m taking submissions of all genres, as long as it’s YA or NA. But What I’m really hanging out to see is:
- Emotional Contemporary – Whether it’s making me laugh or making me cry, I want a contemporary full of feeling. Think Anna and the French Kiss or Hushed.
- Genre Mash-Ups – I’m the Glee Queen of Pitch Wars. If you’ve mashed genres together then I want to see it!
- Speculative Fiction – Alternative histories, like The Curse Worker Series, or genre mixes of SciFi, Horror, Fantasy or Paranormal (like a genre mash-up but more specific).
- Historicals – preferably mashed up with another genre, like The Falconer by Elizabeth May (yet to be released but the blurb looks awesome!).
- Science-Fiction – I prefer more emphasis on the Fi than the Sci, but I am a huge fan. Think Across the Universe.
- Magical Realism – A contemporary setting with just a touch of magic, like The Locket.
|Me and the first book I was published in.|
I’m a writer of YA and NA weird fiction and contemporary fiction, a blogger at YAtopia, Writing Teen Novels and Down Under Wonderings, a regular speaker at The Whitsunday Voices Youth Literature Festival and a NA/YA intern for Entangled, so I’ve got my finger on the pulse for what editors are looking for (which is also what agents are looking for!). I’ve also been a host for Pitch Madness and had lots of agents request from the MSes I picked from my blog. I’m a CP for Wendy Higgins, Aimee Salter, Suzanne Van Rooyen and Stacey Nash. I have a habit of having weird profile pics and have been stalked by women because of my great taste in shoes.
Angela Slatter, Australian short story Queen with anthologies including Sourdough and The Girl With No Hands: “Under my mentorship Sharon will never write a MS with a MC who suffers from sad sack syndrome again.”
|Editer Kitty is editing|
start today (11/26) ! The cut off time to get your
applications (query & first five pages of manuscript) in is 8PM EST on December 5.
can apply for up to 3 coaches. The
coaches’ categories are set. Coaches can only consider the categories they’ve signed up for. Writers cannot apply for a coach
that is not in their category.
contest go HERE (link to your post announcing the contest)
This is open to finished
You may only enter one
Only the genres requested by each coach will be considered for the
Name you want to apply for: Title (Example: Pitch Wars Application: Brenda
Drake: GONE WITH THE WIND)
indentions. A space between each paragraph.
(embedded in email). Single spaced. No indentions. A space between each
back soon for a complete list of the amazing agents participating in the
contest. There’s over a dozen!
coaches are posting bios/wish lists on their blogs. So before choosing your top
3 picks, check all the coaches’ posts in your category before deciding which
coach to submit. To jump from blog to blog, just click on our pictures below.